Try dying your eggs with natural solutions like they did in the past. Tea, beet juice, spinach, mustard and blueberries are just a few ways to add a splash of color to eggs.
For dying eggs with TEA you will need the following:
1. Hard-boiled eggs
3. Glass cups or bowls
4. Tea sachets of the following flavors: Hibiscus, Rooibos Chai, Breakfast Tea, Green Tea, Turmeric, Sweet Pea Flowers.
5. White vinegar
6. Wax or crayons
1. Fill the cups or bowls with boilied water.
2. Steep tea sachets for 15-20 minutes. Once steeped remove sachets and put aside.
3. Add 2 teaspoons of white vinegar.
4. Place hard-boiled eggs in cups or bowls and leave for 3-4 hours. Leave in longer for a richer color.
5. Remove the eggs and set on rack to dry
6. Optional: Draw decorations on eggs with wax or crayons and return egg to the cups or bowls. This is the resist method.
Your Tea stained Easter eggs make a great Easter decoration for baskets and holiday centerpieces. Share with your friends. Add a can of the same type of tea for an added basket treat!
Don’t forget to serve tea at your gatherings. Be sure to serve the teas you dyed with and share your dying method with guests to impress them with you new creative way of coloring!